- Interviewing Tom Kelly, one of the Bogside Artists
- Meeting with and interviewing Raymond McCartney, former leader of the IRA within Maze Prison, Hunger Striker and Sinn Fein rep. for Derry
- Wandering Derry's Bogside and chatting with Paul Doherty, one of the son's of a Bloody Sunday victim and a man highly involved in the Saville Inquiry.
- Meeting with representatives of both communities in Belfast, examining the murals and examining their amazing insight
- Visiting Belfast Titanic- Amazing!
- Spending time in Cork with Retired Captain Donal Buckley, who was kind enough to lend his expertise as we toured Collins Barracks
- Meeting with historian Tim Crowley (who has lectured at the Dublin Museum and written multiple books on Michael Collins) and examining sites in West Cork relevant to the life of the 'Big Fellow'
- Having the beautiful Rock of Cashel to myself- What a place! What a history!
- Walking Drumcree Road in Portadown.
If anyone is considering applying for one of these scholarships... I urge you not to hesitate. The value of the resources I have collected, the experiences I had had... this cannot be measured. It has been, without question, utterly amazing, every step of the way.
Now to start getting the resources onto the website and in order!